Meditation is the process of controlling and transcending the waves of the mind. Meditation creates a communion between you and your mind and between your mind and your body. It is for everyone.
Some of the benefits that you may experience while practicing meditation are:
- Brings wellbeing, inner peace, stability and calm to the mind and body
- Helps to develop intuition
- Enhances the ability to focus energy therefore enhancing effectiveness and efficiency
- Resolves core issues of stress producing patterns
- Releases reactions and unconscious habits, subconscious fears and blocks
- Promotes clarity of mind, mental awareness and the ability to be present.
Meditation is a personal and private experience even when you are meditating in large groups. There are many meditations in Kundalini Yoga that help you stay focused and quiet. When you sit quietly and focus inwards you become very aware of what is going on in your mind and all the thoughts that you are thinking (or sometimes not!) By not reacting to or evaluating the thoughts and processing them with mantra, breath or mudra you can create a stillness and calmness that will serve you through your day to day life.
There are hundreds of meditations available in Kundalini Yoga ranging from group, healing, couples or children’s meditations through to meditations that work on addictions, increasing vitality, clearing chakras or simply just trying to improve mental clarity.
Most of the book and DVD resources include meditation in some form. Some of the CD’s are actually meditative CD’s while others can be played during a meditation.